I S S Y . K N I T . D R E S S & T O P
K I D S & T E E N S
#SAIssyTeensDress & #SAIssyKidsDress
Ruched Sleeve Elastic
1. Sew two large rows of gathering stitch to the ruched sleeve head, between the notches marked on the pattern. Cut elastic to the correct length, as noted on the measurements page. From the inside of each sleeve and starting at the sleeve head, sew the elastic down the centre of the sleeve, stretching it slightly as you sew and finishing where marked on the pattern.
2. Draw the gathering stitches in, to match the notches on the armhole, (once shoulder seams are sewn in step 3).
3. With right sides facing sew front and back shoulder seams together. Neaten with overlocker/serger and press towards the back.
4. With right sides facing sew sleeve head into the armholes, matching notches as you sew. Neaten with overlocker/serger and press towards the sleeve.
5. With right sides facing sew the front and back side seam and underarm arm seam together, starting at the hem of the body and continuing all the way through to the sleeve opening. Neaten with overlocker/serger and press towards the back.
6. Neaten the sleeve hem with overlocker/serger, turn and press towards the inside. Once in place stitch down with twin needle stitch.
7. Neaten the hem of the body with overlocker, turn and press towards the inside. Once in place stitch down with twin needle stitch.
8. With right sides facing sew the two short ends of the neckband together and press seam open.
9. With wrong sides facing fold and press the neckband in half lengthways.
10. With right sides facing sew the neckband to the neckline of the dress/top, using an overlocker/serger. Ensuring you match the centre back and front notches. Note the neckband will be stretched on as you sew.
Polo Neckline- See Construction Sheet.