It’s that time of year again, party season has arrived!
Update your party wardrobe with coordinated separates, long length dresses or mini dresses! We’ve got all the right sewing patterns for the festive season. We’ll bring the patterns – you bring the party!
Almost any pattern can be ‘partyfied’ just by changing up your fabric choice. Go rogue on the fabric suggestions and think metallic fabrics, sequins and textures like tulle or faux leather. The only rules are if the pattern is drafted for a woven fabric, stick to wovens, if it is a knit pattern, stick to a suitable knit.
Don’t be scared to play with the length if it means you’ll get the perfect look. We did this with the Darby Pant pattern for this shoot, lengthening it into a full length pant.
Here are a few of our favourite patterns to try this party season:
Looking for some ideas? Check out the fabulous party season inspo, in the images below:
- The Byron Top and Darby Pant in a gorgeous silver sequin really ups the ante!
- The Elley Designer Dress in a stretch silver knit and the Joy Woven Vest and McKenzie Pant (discounted pattern bundle) in a classic black suiting is perfect for a more classic semi formal look.
- The Joan Woven Top in a silver lamé worn with the Miranda Skirt in black bridal tulle is certainly worthy of a special occasion appearance.
- The Kim Knit Dress (this month’s bonus pattern) looks super cute in the mini length made with a silver sequin
- Last but not least the Queenie Woven dress looks super regal when made up in a multi-coloured metallic lamé.
Happy party sewing!
♡ The Style Arc Team